Dallas Cowboys top Real Madrid and Barca on Forbes’ most valuable clubs list
The American business magazine, Forbes has published a list of the most valuable sports teams in the world and perhaps to the surprise of European football fans, NFL team Dallas Cowboys tops the list.
Valued at $5bn, the NFL club is officially the most valuable sports team around and in second place is the baseball side, New York Yankees. Real Madrid come in at third place, making them the most valuable football club in the world with a worth of $4.24bn, ahead of FC Barcelona who are worth a reported $4.02bn.
Manchester United FC are the fifth most valuable sports team in the world, coming behind New York Knicks on this illustrious list which puts the wealth of American sports teams into perspective. However, more and more European football clubs are entering the top 50, with Premier League sides Arsenal, Manchester City, Liverpool and Chelsea also making the list.
Forbes’ top 10 most valuable sports clubs:
1. Dallas Cowboys (NFL) $5bn (£4bn)
2. New York Yankees (MLB) $4.6bn
3. Real Madrid (Football) $4.24bn
4. Barcelona (Football) $4.02bn
5. New York Knicks (NBA) $4bn
6. Manchester United (Football) $3.81bn
7. New England Patriots (NFL) $3.8bn
8. Los Angeles Lakers (NBA) $3.7bn
9. Golden State Warriors (NBA) $3.5bn
10. New York Giants (NFL) $3.3bn
10. Los Angeles Dodgers (MLB) $3.3bn