These weekends offer an opportunity to let your hair down in whatever way suits you best.
For some, that means a drink of something – but not just anything. As we have done before, we give you some cocktail inspiration for the weekend ahead. This time, we’re working with the sophisticated excellence of Grand Marnier.
THE GRAND OLD FASHIONED
This is a drink that is true to Grand Marnier’s unique taste, that orange scent with 51% of the finest French cognac. Their signature bottle, Cordon Rouge, combines with all of the below to create a superbly tasty drink that will cleanse the palate before dinner, too.
- 30ml. / 1oz. Grand Marnier Cordon Rouge
- 30ml. / 1oz. Wild Turkey 101
- 3 dashes Angostura
- Orange twist to garnish
- Cocktail to be built “in glass”
- Dash Angostura first, next add Grand Marnier, followed by the whisky
- Preferably, add a large ice cube and stir until well incorporated and cold
- Garnish with orange twist, expressing oils over the surface of the cocktail and placed on the lip of the cocktail glass
For more inspiration, you can head to Grand Marnier’s website where you’ll see their full range of drinks and serving suggestions.